Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Post

Most of our friends and family already know about the big news. We are proud and excited to announce that we are having a boy. His name will be Kevin John Jr. He is expected to arrive July 29th.

I am already 19 weeks. About 1 and a half weeks ago I felt the first movements. Technically, the term is "Quickening" the initial motion of the fetus in the uterus as it is perceived by the mother. I was told that this feeling would be like "butterflies." Not true. My first thought was that there was an alien in my belly trying to get out. I didn't know if I wanted to sit there to feel it again or get up and walk around because it felt so strange.

I am not so startled by the movements anymore. In fact, if I don't feel him move by the end of the day, I get a little nervous. I guess that is the Labor & Delivery nurse in me.

There will be more posts and pics to come. Please let me know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited...baby bump pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers! A little Kevin! I'm looking forward to more pictures. I know someone that is going to need one of those really cool off-road strollers! Can we say.... Mt. Fuji decent avec Kev Jr.? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! it's crazy to see your flat tummy get a "baby bump"!! yeah, that first feeling of movement is a little creepy, but wait till the end when it really looks alien like and your whole belly moves and flows! Good luck girlie, I'm soooooo happy for you and Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The above comment is from Amber, I don't know how to change that "profile name"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful baby bump! Grandma and Grandpa are so excited. What a awesome profile he has. Looking forward to more pics. We love you, Mom and Mark

    ReplyDelete